If you are seeing this message, it is because you are viewing this site on a browser with limited support. Please upgrade your browser to the latest version in order to comfortably browse this site and enjoy its many features. Cheers!
(click on the name to go to the manufacturer's website for safe download)
Dec. 20, 2019 | Baxter Arena | More details to come
- You should arrive at Baxter Arena wearing your cap and gown. Please leave any personal items at home, in your vehicle, or with a family member or guest, including coats, bags, purses, boxes, etc.
- Visit the
for key information about the event.
Tassels & Hoods
- Bachelor's candidates: Wear the tassel over the right front of your cap.
- Master's candidates: Wear the tassel over the left front of your cap. Put on your hood.
- Doctoral and Specialist candidates: Wear the tassel over the left front of your cap. Drape your hood over your left arm and hand it to the Hooder when you reach the stage.
- Caps and gowns are required for degree candidates to participate in all ceremonies.
- You may wear honors cords or stoles provided by your organization with your cap and gown.
- Wear the UNO tassel with your cap.
- We recommend wearing business attire under the gown.
Men should wear a dress shirt and tie. Although some consider ties optional, the shirt collar and tie are visible at the throat of the gown.
- Women should wear a dress, skirt, or dress slacks. Try to choose a dress or skirt with a hemline that does not extend below the gown.