Commencement Ceremony | May 8, 2020 | Baxter Arena | 9:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M.
The ceremony is expected to last three hours. As a courtesy to all graduates and their guests, you are expected to remain and participate in the entire ceremony.
- You should arrive at Baxter Arena wearing your cap and gown. Please leave any personal items at home, in your vehicle, or with a family member or guest, including coats, bags, purses, boxes, etc.
- Visit the Commencement website for key information about the event.
Morning Ceremony | 9:00 A.M. at Baxter Arena
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Engineering (UNL)
- College of Education
|7:00 A.M.||Doors open|
|8:00 A.M.||Graduates report for lineup|
|9:00 A.M.||Ceremony begins|
Afternoon Ceremony | 3:00 P.M. at Baxter Arena
- College of Business Administration
- College of Public Affairs and Community Service
- College of Information Science & Technology
- College of Communication, Fine Arts, and Media
|1:00 P.M.||Doors open|
|2:00 P.M.||Graduates report for lineup|
|3:00 P.M.||Ceremony begins|
Tassels & Hoods
- Bachelor's candidates: Wear the tassel over the right front of your cap.
- Master's candidates: Wear the tassel over the left front of your cap. Put on your hood.
- Doctoral and Specialist candidates: Wear the tassel over the left front of your cap. Drape your hood over your left arm and hand it to the Hooder when you reach the stage.
- Caps and gowns are required for degree candidates to participate in all ceremonies.
- You may wear honors cords or stoles provided by your organization with your cap and gown.
- Wear the UNO tassel with your cap.
- We recommend wearing business attire under the gown. Men should wear a dress shirt and tie. Although some consider ties optional, the shirt collar and tie are visible at the throat of the gown.
- Women should wear a dress, skirt, or dress slacks. Try to choose a dress or skirt with a hemline that does not extend below the gown.