Below are the most frequently asked questions about textbooks at the UNO Bookstore. If your question isn’t answered below, please call us: 402-554-2336.
What options are available for textbooks?
We sell: hardback, paperback, loose-leaf new or used books. We rent textbooks and also have e-books. e-Books are typically 180-day rentals. Some e-books have lifetime access and are identified as such at checkout.
What's the best way to find a textbook on UNOBookstore.com?
There are three easy ways to find a textbook:
- UNO students go to MavLink and have your book list automatically generated.
- Use the site Search to find a textbook by Title or ISBN.
- Search for a textbook by Term, Department, Course & Section.
What is the Textbook Refund Policy?
- Last Day for a Full Refund: Friday of the 2nd week of the semester, (Friday, of the 1st week of each summer class start date) after that date, all sales are final.
- New Books: Must be in new condition with all CD's, tapes, code cards and any supplements.
Helpful Tips: Do not remove shrink-wrap, write/mark in books, or remove any pages until you have attended class and are certain you have the correct book, or will not be changing/dropping classes.
Can I shop online for my textbooks?
Shop online 24/7 on this website. Click here to login to MAVLink and begin shopping.
Do you deliver?
We offer six delivery options:
- In-store Pickup (free) – You'll receive a notification email when your item is available to pick up in the store. Please wait for this email before coming into the store.
- Day Res. Hall Delivery (free)
- UPS Ground
- UPS 2nd Day Air
- UPS Next Day Air
- USPS -only for PO Boxes, APO/FPO, and International shipments
Why is my book out of stock?
There could be several reasons we’re out of stock: enrollment may be larger than estimated, textbook information hasn’t been received from your instructor, books may not be available or are delayed from the publisher.
During rush we receive new shipments daily, so ask a bookstore rep at the Textbook Counter about an out of stock book.
What are my payment options?
Whether you buy in person or online, students have five payment options:
- Charge to your Student Account. Student charge limit is $2000 per semester for books and supplies; the charges will appear on your bill from the University. Learn more about Student Accounts here.
- MavMoney / MavCard
- Credit Cards
What’s the difference between a refund & textbook buyback?
A refund gives you full purchase price for a book you’ve purchased. Be aware of our Return Policy found above. Textbook buyback is when the Bookstore pays you cash for current edition textbooks that you no longer want.
When is the best time to sell back my textbooks?
The Bookstore buys textbooks for wholesale prices every day. However, for the best prices you should sell your textbooks during prep & finals week. If your textbook won’t be reused on the UNO campus, it may still have a national market value. You can check estimated buy back prices here.
How does the UNO Bookstore determine what textbooks are being used for the next semester?
Faculty submit textbook requisition forms for their courses. On this form they choose which books they’ll require (or have as optional) for the next semester.
Textbook Rental FAQ
Will my textbook include all of the supplementary materials? (CD, codes, etc.)
Yes - all supplementary materials are included with a textbook rental.
Can I write and highlight in the textbook?
Yes, you may – but we recommend the writing and highlighting be minimal. Excessive writing and highlighting will compromise the rental condition, and you may be charged the full price of the book if we aren’t able to re-rent the book. If you must highlight the book, we recommend using an erasable highlighter so you can clean up the book prior to returning it.
What does acceptable rental condition mean?
- No excessive writing or highlighting
- No broken spine or binding
- Cover is not torn or taped; missing torn, ripped, or loose pages
- No water damage (stains, rings, discolored, wavy, swollen)
- No odor of any kind
How do I return my books at the end of my rental period?
Bring your textbook rental to the UNO Bookstore, or mail it to us:
University of Nebraska Omaha
UNO Bookstore - MBSC 101
6001 Dodge St.
Will I get a reminder when my rental is due?
Yes, you will get an email reminder.
What happens if I’m late returning my rental?
If you don’t return your textbook rental by the due date, you will incur additional charges. If you never return your textbook rental, you will be charged the full purchase price (minus any rental fees you’ve already paid) – and the book is yours to keep.
I can't remember the website where I access my ebooks.
You can find all your ebooks on RedShelf.
I'm having trouble with RedShelf - and I'm not sure what to do.
Visit their public knowledge base website. It covers all the technical instructions like, Your Account, Getting Started, and Using Your eBook. https://redshelf.zendesk.com/hc/en-us